Do you know what to do when you smell propane.?
If you ever suspect a leak, you should immediately follow these instructions to ensure the safety of you and your family.
1. Send everyone outside right away. Don't stop to turn off light switches or appliances -just go outside.
2. Turn off the gas supply using the shut off valve on the tank or cylinder.
3. Use a neighbor's phone to call Wesco Energy 231-719-4490 right away.
4. Stay outside; leave gas off.
5. Stay outside until the service technician says it is safe to go back indoors.
6. Have our trained service technician re-light gas appliances and equipment for you.
If you even think you smell gas around the house, workplace, or gas equipment, follow these simple steps immediately. We'll make sure your system is operating properly before you go back inside. Please call us if you have any questions about these or any other safety practices.
Your propane system should be inspected periodically by a trained propane professional in order to make sure it is running efficiently and safely, if your system hasn't been inspected in the past year, give us a call, and we'll come out and check to make sure you are running efficiently. We will:
• Pressure test your complete gas system, we will check for and repair any gas leaks.
• Inspect regulators for proper operation.
Be Educated We have included these safety videos to help you better understand propane.